Friday, October 22, 2010

Confessions

Photo courtesy of http://www.thehappyrock.com

Well, here we are, 6 weeks after I moved to DC and started my post-doc. Many of you have asked me how the local eating is going, and I must confess: it's not going. While Andrew is whipping up batches of "kitchen sink" soup from fresh farm vegetables and roasting succulent Massachusetts meats, I am indulging in boxed macaroni and cheese, bubbly water with lemon slices, and vegetables from goodness-knows-where. These sinful purchases can be explained by my long work hours...and my desire to indulge myself! I must admit that I feel very little guilt and it's pretty nice to wander in to the grocery store in downtown Bethesda and buy whatever I want to. However, in all honesty, my food is less nutritious and certainly doesn't taste as good as it used to...so, maybe once the dust settles on this fabulous job of mine, I'll return to the patterns of old. For now, though, I'm going to savor those lemon slices and maybe even try a banana or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment