Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wedding Local

We in the West/Foster household have weddings on our mind because Susan and Tim are getting married in July! As the Maid of Honor (yes, I know. I am married and should be called "Matron of Honor", but I will not be called matron, thank you very much), I have been keeping my eyes peeled for wedding ideas. This week I noticed this article about a "local" wedding thrown in Somerville. The focus of this wedding was to patronize Somerville businesses for the whole wedding, and it sounded like a great success. They used some of Somerville's favorites, including Bergamot restaurant, which apparently features local produce on the menu. The next step would be to throw a wedding where all the ingredients are produced locally - maybe my new back-up career could be local food wedding coordinator?

No comments:

Post a Comment