Monday, December 6, 2010

Views of the farm

Grammy's persimmon tree - this incredible fruit wasn't quite ripe, but when it is ripe it can be dried, eaten fresh, or used in baking. They remind me of orange lanterns.

Our visits to Andrew's family in Sebastopol inevitably involve local eating. While these are not food pictures (for once), I thought I'd share some of the sights from our Thanksgiving visit. This is a magical place where we find peace and relaxation...and where Andrew has some of his happiest childhood memories. We spent our days eating, lounging, walking through the farm, visiting the ocean, and having good conversation.

Being on east coast time meant I got to see the beautiful sunrise melt frost on the orchard below.

Topsy and Turvy are growing up - is it my imagination, or is Topsy smiling for the photographer?
The apple orchard in the afternoon light.


1 comment: