Monday, March 1, 2010

Spring Lambs

We announce the birth of Ivy and Lego, Geri's newest lambs! They were born to Queen Bess on the morning of Andrew's birthday, so we were given the honor of naming them. Ivy was named for the song "mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy...", and she will be used for breeding when she is old enough. Lego will become dinner, so we named him after "leg-o-lamb" to remind us (mostly me) not to become too attached...for now they will live and grow happily on Geri's Sebastopol farm, among the apple trees.

2 comments:

  1. Please don't eat little Lego! I don't even know him and I'm already attached! I can send you really, really tasty vegetarian recipes if you promise not to eat the little guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're so cute! And I love the names. :)

    ReplyDelete